East Oakland resident Sherrie Lowe didn’t believe her 9-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter would ever come to love broccoli, or any vegetables for that matter. That changed when for four months, boxes of fresh produce and whole grains were delivered to the family. Now the children won’t stop asking her to cook them vegetables, Lowe said. Lowe’s family took part in a study by UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland and All In Alameda County, which provided them with weekly food boxes from Dig Deep Farms and the Alameda County Community Food Bank as well as recipes and cooking instructions.
- Board of Supervisors Passes Resolution in Support of Reproductive Rights in Alameda County
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Newsletter (March 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Browns’s Biweekly Newsletter (February 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Update (January 25, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Bi-Weekly Updates on COVID-19 (January 11, 2022)