As of March 1, masking is no longer required, regardless of vaccination status, in most public settings in California. Masks are still required for everyone in high transmission settings like public transit, health care settings, homeless shelters, and long-term care facilities.
While masking is no longer required, I strongly recommend everyone continue to mask up, especially in indoor public settings. COVID-19 is still with us and continues to spread in our hardest hit communities. I encourage you to make the healthiest choice for you and those around you by:
- Getting vaccinated and boosted.
- Keeping gatherings small and outdoors.
- Wearing a high-quality mask and improving ventilation, if gathering indoors.
- Getting tested if exposed, sick, and before and after gatherings or travel.
- Staying home if ill, whether you can get tested or not, and even if it “feels like” allergies.