Alameda County’s Fight for Medi-Cal released the following statement in response to the ongoing federal FY18 budget negotiations and tax reform debate. Our health is our wealth. As Congress rushes to seal deals on the federal budget and tax reform, we must insist they avoid false choices between health programs worth “saving” and those not. The agencies and services that make up our health care safety-net constitute an integrated whole reflective of our communities’ values and commitments. When Congress pulls apart threads to make short-term deals, they create gaps in the safety-net that undermine community health and drive up costs in the long-term.
- Board of Supervisors Passes Resolution in Support of Reproductive Rights in Alameda County
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Newsletter (March 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Browns’s Biweekly Newsletter (February 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Update (January 25, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Bi-Weekly Updates on COVID-19 (January 11, 2022)