As we continue to mourn the horrific murders of Delaina Ashley Yaun, Xiaojie Tan, Daoyou Feng, Paul Andre Michels, Elcias R. Hernandez-Ortiz, and Hyun Jung Grant following last week’s tragic shooting spree in Atlanta, Georgia, I stand with my fellow Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) leaders to strongly condemn any acts of hate and discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, or cultural basis. The AAPI community has been targeted due to false claims the AAPI community is at fault for this public health crisis. In response to the recent spikes in racially motivated crimes against the AAPI community, I was proud to introduce a resolution in February 2021 condemning anti-AAPI hate crimes and reaffirming Alameda County as a Welcoming County. It is up to all of us to protect our health and well-being by addressing systemic racism and working on community-centered solutions.
- Board of Supervisors Passes Resolution in Support of Reproductive Rights in Alameda County
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Newsletter (March 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Browns’s Biweekly Newsletter (February 7, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Biweekly Update (January 25, 2022)
- Alameda County Supervisor Dave Brown’s Bi-Weekly Updates on COVID-19 (January 11, 2022)